Poetry time

To Celia 
Drink to me, only, with thine eyes, 
And I will pledge with mine; 
Or leave a kiss but in the cup 
And I’ll not look for wine. 
The thirst, that from the soul doth rise 
Doth ask a drink divine: 
But might I of Jove’s nectar sup, 
I would not change for thine. 
I sent thee, late, a rosy wreath, 
Not so much honouring thee, 
As giving it a hope, that there 
It could not withered be. 
But thou thereon did’st only breath, 
And sent’st it back to me: 
Since when it grows, and smells, I swear, 
Not of itself, but thee. 
Vocabulary words
To pledge-to make a formal promise
Thirst- the need to have a drink
Divine- Godly
Sup- sip
To honor someone- to pay respect
Rose wreath- to prepare a circular configuration of flowers
To wither- to stop being fresh to become dry 
Expressions
Once in a blue moon-almost never
I read poetry once in a blue moon
Head over hills-completely
  




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire